A Look Inside MDR Community
You can take advantage of helpful content from most areas of our site. We provide tips and tools for getting over this divorce, for rebuilding your life and for helping your children and others you care about get better, too.
We’ve organized the recovery process into 10 distinct areas of focus. We address the issues in what we’ve found to be the most reliable pattern of recovery. The following sections provide the strongest foundation for letting your best self shine through again. This information is not just psycho-babble or an unrealistic promise of instant recovery. It’s a tried and true method of healing and re-building that has worked for thousands of women from all over the country and all over the world.
- What’s Going On? – This section explains what is happening to you, how to deal with the loneliness, what’s normal and what’s not. It’s the basic information that defines the earliest issues you must deal with.
- Survival – First, survive. Then try to get through this ordeal without killing anybody or allowing anybody to destroy you.
- Get Strong – In the beginning, being strong was getting to the grocery store and back without crying. Later, it meant realizing I could smash a cinder block with my forehead if I wanted to.
- Organize the Chaos – Just because your life is a disaster of disorder and despair right now doesn’t mean they won’t shut off your lights and add on a ridiculous late fee if you don’t pay your bill on time.
- Figure out your Finances – It’s more than money. We help you accept that you won’t get what you deserve in the settlement, but you can get financially savvy and take control of your finances for the rest of your life. Remember, knowledge is power.
- Help the Children – Know what they need more than anything else? It’s for you to be yourself and be okay. If you don’t get better, they don’t have a prayer.
- Extended Family and Friends – Being self-sufficient is over-rated. Find someone you can call at 3:00 in the morning who you know will pick up the phone.
- Face Reality – Reality kicks in when you finally face the fact that your marriage is truly over and you ask yourself, “What do I do now?”
- Choose to Change – Try this test: She how much fun it is or how much good it does to focus on how miserable you are. If the answer is “none,” Try something else.
- Transformation – Radical means ‘seeking to make drastic reforms.’ Each one of us decides what those reforms will look like. We can turn into promoters of ‘poor, pitiful me’ or we can be the amazing women God created us to be. It’s our call.
For the past three years, I’ve written a new blog post every weekday. Many women have found comfort and peace in these posts. I hope you can too. In fact if you would like to sign up to receive a blog during the week, put your email address below, and I’ll send you a Daily R.A.D.I.C.A.L. Thought until you decide you don’t need them anymore.
Every month we publish a R.A.D.I.C.A.L. Buzz newsletter. It’s “good news for women rising above divorce in confidence and love.” —- It’s fun, kicky, yummy, inspiring news with a theme for every month. Some of our themes have been “Delicious Delight,” “FOCUS,” and “True Grit.” Each monthly newsletter has a funny section of “Mind Bogglers: Ridiculous Things We’ve Done,” and loads of helpful, fun recovery tips and resources.
Every month I interview an expert in some area of divorce recovery. I have interviewed a financial expert, a personal trainer, a personal wardrobe consultant, a life coach and many others. I bring in the best to help you reclaim your best life after your divorce. You can listen online or you can download the interviews onto a CD to play in your car or on your computer.
Each month we highlight a woman who has not only survived this battle but is transforming her life into what she always dreamed it could be. Listen to stories of these women … stories beginning in the pain and woe divorce and revealing how each woman used these unexpected experiences to create a fun, wild, adventurous and love-filled life!
Join the conversations. Ask questions. Get the hurt and anger out on the table. Help other women with issues you’ve fought through and conquered. Every day 24/7, 365 days a year you can communicate with other women experiencing all those feelings and unbelievable challenges that you are facing. There is strength in numbers, and together R.A.D.I.C.A.L. women are listening and learning and growing stronger each and every day.
Resources and More
We intend to keep growing this community and continually adding strategies that help you through this personal tornado. We keep up with the latest research on recovery tactics. We are expanding to offer online support group gatherings and nationwide video conferences. We will keep developing links to powerful new resources. Suzy will continue to provide one-on-one mentoring and much more. We’re all in this together, and there will be opportunities for you to share your best “get-better” strategies as well!
Try the community today for $1.00. It’s safe and secure. It’s full of powerful, compassionate, good women. It’s risk free. It may be just what you need as you figure out your new life. Why not try it? A bright and bountiful future is waiting!